Great things come in pairs, right? Our line of Hunter Douglas window coverings includes superior blinds, shades, sheers and shutters. Alone, they are beautiful, energy efficient and functional. For an added layer of style and warmth, pairing those hard treatments with drapery can give a room a whole new look. At Windows to the World serving Kingston and all of NE Pennsylvania, we offer custom drapery services as well as the complete Hunter Douglas line.
Combining hard window treatments with a fabric element of drapery, drapery panels, valances, or top treatments allows you to create a unique look and feel in your room. Here are a few ideas to consider:
Drapery with Honeycomb Shades
Honeycomb shades provide a clean appearance in your window and are the most energy efficient hard window treatment on the market today.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted on the outside of your window to cover the hard sidelines of the shade and create a more refined appearance.
- Add a fabric cornice, valance or top treatment will cover the headrail and provide a more finished look.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted inside the window frame to stop light coming in from the sides of the shade.
Valance above Woven Wood Shades
Woven wood shades are made from natural woods, reeds, bamboo and grasses that allow light to softly filter into the room. The natural look of woven wood shades provides casual ambiance that goes with any decor.
- Add draperies to the sides of woven wood shades that you can close when the sun is intense or you want full privacy. Select neutral colors and patterns to complement the natural beauty of woven wood shades.
- Add a valance above your woven wood shades to highlight the color scheme in your room.
Drapery Panels with Wood Blinds
People love the beauty of natural wood blinds. With adjustable louvers, wood blinds can be tilted to allow as much light as you would like in the room. Their somewhat heavy appearance, though, can come off looking stark.
- Add drapery panels in any color, style, texture or pattern to highlight your wood blinds.
- Add a fabric top treatment to soften the look of your windows and accent the natural wood blinds.
- Add a wood cornice to blend your wood blinds with any home décor.
Drapery and Window Treatment Combinations in Kingston
Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World proudly serves Northeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas from our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania offices. Areas served include We service Mountain Top, Wilkes Barre, Kingston, Dallas, Larksville, Plymouth, Exeter, Scranton, Conyngham Valley, Drum, Laflin, as well as Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wyoming, PA counties. Count on us for all your window treatment needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.