Most of our customers here in the Northeastern PA area are familiar with pleated shades, a classic window treatment that has been around for ages. Developed to address energy efficiency concerns and give consumers a soft window treatment option other than drapery, pleated shades have stayed popular over many years. At Windows to the World, we carry a variety of pleated shades — as well as very similar honeycomb shades — to cover any window.
Choosing between Pleated Shades and Honeycomb Shades?
Pleated window shades advantages include:
- Crisp contemporary look in your window
- Less expensive than honeycomb shades
- Available with no-hole privacy options and additional liners that can be operated separately or together
Pleated shades are a less expensive option to honeycomb shades. Many people upgrade to honeycombs because they don’t like the visible holes where the cords run through pleated shades. Honeycomb shades are also more energy efficient. Other advantages to honeycomb window shades include:
- Single, double and triple honeycomb construction in different pleat sizes
- Excellent insulation, offering the highest efficiency ratings in the industry
- Greater variety of colors and softer fabric options
- Improved rooms acoustics at the window
- Available in horizontal and vertical applications for sliding doors
- Better retention and durability of pleats
Pleated Shades in NE Pennsylvania
Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World proudly serves Northeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas from our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania offices. Areas served include We service Mountain Top, Wilkes Barre, Kingston, Dallas, Larksville, Plymouth, Exeter, Scranton, Conyngham Valley, Drum, Laflin, as well as Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wyoming, PA counties. Count on us for all your window treatment needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.