It’s not necessary to spend a lot of money to give new life to a room. Sometimes a simple change can make all the difference in the world. Here at Windows to the World serving Northeastern Pennsylvania, we approach interior design as an ongoing process, not a single task. The best decorating plans are as flexible as they are beautiful, allowing you to make easy adjustments to update the look of your room without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some really easy and fast interior decorating ideas:
- Declutter your space with crafty storage options. Clutter diminishes the look of a room. To create a less disorganized and messy feel, clear the clutter by using crafty storage spaces for papers, mail, toys, coats, and other items freely floating around a room.
- Divide your space with interior curtains. An interior curtain is a stylish way to divide two spaces — close it when you need privacy or tie it back when you want more openness. Room dividers provide a fresh approach to softening a room and allowing you to use large spaces in new ways.
- Float Furniture. When you float furniture away from the walls, it creates more intimate seating and open feel. Use side tables and sofa tables to define spaces and make the space as functional as it is stylish.
- Freshen up your room with an area rug. Use rugs to define a conversation area or add pizzazz to any room. Try placing your rug at an angle, such as under a coffee table, to help it stand out. Rugs are a great way to add a new color to any room, or freshen up otherwise dull floors.
- Add in some nature. Plants liven up any room. Even If you don’t have a green thumb, high quality silk plants and trees will do the trick. Another way to bring the look of nature to your rooms is with woven wood window shades made of natural materials such as bamboo. Woven wood shades add texture and depth to any room.
Stop In and get your interior design questions answered in Northeastern Pennsylvania
Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World proudly serves Northeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas from our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania offices. We service Mountain Top, Wilkes Barre, Kingston, Dallas, Larksville, Plymouth, Exeter, Scranton, Conyngham Valley, Drum, Laflin, as well as Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wyoming, PA counties. Count on us for all your window treatment needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.