There’s no hotter trend in window treatments right now than motorization. These days, so many things can be automated. From your lights to your security system to your window treatments, the technology of automation is adding more convenience to our lives than ever before . At Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World, we specialize in motorizing your window treatments, including blinds, shades, and drapery.
Why Motorize Your Blinds?
There are many benefits to window treatment motorization, including
- Timers and advanced automation systems can help you save energy by reducing your heating and cooling costs. The right shades can help you save up 50% on energy costs.
- Motorization improves the child and pet safety of your window treatments. Even though much improvement has been made to window treatment cord systems, they can still pose a danger to kids and pets. Motorization removes cords completely, taking that risk away.
- Some blinds and shades are very large, or in difficult to reach places such as up in skylights or behind bathtubs. Disabled people and the elderly may have trouble operating blinds and shades that are easy to operate for other people. Whatever your situation, automating your window fashions will bring added convenience to your daily life.
- Motorization options range from hard-wired to battery operated solutions. Many varieties of blinds, shades, and drapery can be motorized. Often, we can add motorization kits to your existing window coverings.
What are the Best Motorized Systems?
We offer the very latest in window treatment motorization, including options from Hunter Douglas. As a leader in the industry, Hunter Douglas has created motorized lifting systems that allow you to open, close, tilt or traverse your window coverings using a remote control or wall-switch. Here are some of your options:
- PowerRise 2.1 with Platinum 2.1 Technology allows you to raise or lower window coverings individually or in groups using a small and convenient remote control.
- PowerGlide 2.1 with Platinum 2.1 Technology uses a remote control to tilt and traverse vanes and sheers on your, Silhouette, Pirouette, Luminette and Alustra Luminette Privacy Sheers..
- Hunter Douglas hard-wired systems with Platinum 2.1 Technology integrate with other home automation systems offering simple wiring solutions that are operated with a wall switch or remote control.
What Platinum Technology Accessories are Available from Hunter Douglas?
The Platinum Technology Accessory line provides the ultimate in convenience and peace of mind guaranteed to fit any lifestyle. Control the natural light in your home like never before with these accessories:
- The Platinum Technology Solar Energy Sensor Operates window coverings to maximize energy efficiency. Detects the amount of solar energy entering the home through the window and sends out a wireless signal that automatically opens or closes window coverings to maximize energy efficiency.
- The Platinum Technology LCD Timer Automatically controls window coverings anytime, day or night. It can be set to automatically raise, lower, traverse or tilt a specific window covering or group of coverings at any time throughout the day.
- The Platinum Technology RF Adaptor can adapt any household outlet to control your window coverings. Used in many applications, such as with a simple off-the-shelf lamp timer, the RF Adapter is a cost-effective solution for automatic operation.
Proudly Serving Luzerne, Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wyoming Counties
Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World proudly serves Northeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas from our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania offices. Count on us for all your window treatment needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.