At Windows to the World serving Northeastern Pennsylvania, we know that many people can become overwhelmed during a window treatment search. Often, one big problem is that the customer hasn’t clearly defined their goals. It might sound simplistic, but answering some obvious-seeming questions will often bring a customer to finding the best solution possible. Read on to learn more!
Questions to Answer
If you’re just beginning your search—or even if you’re in the middle of one—give consideration to the following questions:
- What are your main goals? For example, you might need more privacy, want to maintain your view, protect your room from harmful UV rays, enhance your décor, or add insulation at the window.
- What type of window is it? Windows come in all sizes, from standard to specialty shapes. There are window coverings that work best for horizontal and those for patio or sliding doors. You might also have a shape like an oval, an octagon, or an arch. We have solutions for all of that.
- How do you want to control the light? Blinds and shutters let you adjust the light by tilting the vanes. Shades are considered lifters because you don’t have the ability to rotate them open or closed. They are either up or down. One great feature for a shade that adds more functionality is called top-down/bottom-up operation, which allows you to adjust light from the top or bottom or both.
- Do you want them to be functional or a fashion statement? If you want to just add softness or color to the room, you may want to consider stationary drapery panels instead of full draperies
- Do you need total blackout? Consider adding a blackout lining or combine with a shade
- Do you want to be able to see out? Look for sheer or semi-opaque fabrics
- Do you have window coverings already? A valance or cornice would add interest to your room. Think about changing them out for winter and summer to keep your room looking fresh all year long
Now with your questions answered, it is time for us to help you select the perfect blind, shade, shading, shutter, drapery, or top treatment to make your home beautiful and functional to meet your lifestyle.
Find the Right Window Treatment in Wilkes Barre, Kingston Pennsylvania
Dave Coleman’s Windows to the World proudly serves Northeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas from our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania offices. We service Mountain Top, Wilkes Barre, Kingston, Dallas, Larksville, Plymouth, Exeter, Scranton, Conyngham Valley, Drum, Laflin, as well as Lackawanna, Luzerne and Wyoming, PA counties. Count on us for all your window treatment needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.